Do you like working with Senior Citizens? Do you want to help your community? Then come join us!
Driver's License (Required)
Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The mission of the South Buffalo Community Association (SBCA) is to maintain and enhance the general cultural, social and recreational well-being of the neighborhoods of South Buffalo through human service programs. These programs include, but are not limited to the elderly, youth services, recreational programs for all ages, plus information and referral. At almost 50 years old, SBCA runs the Tosh Collins Community Center and currently focuses on the Senior Citizens population of South Buffalo and surrounding neighborhoods, with the goal of ensuring seniors do not fall into poverty as they age.
GENERAL PURPOSE: To provide case management, outreach, information and referral to senior citizens primarily in South Buffalo, Lackawanna, Blasdell, Orchard Park, and West Seneca. The frail, high-risk elderly are the target population.
Job Description & Expectations:
- Provides information and referral on services to the elderly, their families and other service providers on the telephone, in person and through community forums.
- Conducts thorough intakes of clients to determine the need for case management services.
- Is responsible for in-home assessments of clients and development of care plans to meet needs. Implements care plans and revises as necessary.
- Advocates on behalf of clients with formal and informal support systems. Provides linkages and referrals to agencies and programs providing assistance to seniors. Stays current with programs pertaining to the elderly.
- Attends meetings, trainings and in-services as required by the Erie County Department of Senior Services.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully utilize computer software for assessments, reporting (including worker log) and correspondence.
- Is responsible for maintaining client case records in an accurate and timely manner. These records will reflect understanding of and adherence to established EISEP standards.
- Participates in regular case conferencing sessions with supervision and consults with supervisor as needed on difficult cases.
- Intervenes in crisis situations, making appropriate referrals to agencies dealing with medical, environmental, mental health and utility emergencies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of community resources to meet the needs of clients.
- Other duties deemed as directed.
Prefer candidates with previous case management/ social work experience and/or bachelors degree in social work or similar field.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $33,280.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff are currently vaccinated and we request incoming employees also be so. We require unvaccinated clients wear a mask and answer COVID-19 health questions. We also adopt and adapt to new regulations as issued by NYS DOH, Erie County DOH, and CDC.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location