MONDAY MOVIE MATINEES
Our movie series has been going GREAT! For May, we're going to celebrating Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month and we'll be adding television episodes to our schedule! So grab a seat and some popcorn, and enjoy the show on our giant television after lunch on Mondays!
Movies start at 12:30 pm.
- 5/2 Crazy Rich Asians (2018)
- 5/9 Mommie Dearest (1981)
- 5/16 Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (2022) Episodes 1 & 2
- 5/23 Marvel's Shang-Chi & the Legends of the Ten Rings (2021)
We will be taking suggestions for future movies to show. Feel free to give them to Michael when you stop in.
UNIVERSITY EXPRESS MAY CLASSES
2022 Topics for Summer University Express Courses at Tosh Collins Center
Monday, May 2 – 10 am – Free Alternatives for Apps & Websites - Do you want the advantages of brand name software or applications, but without the cost? Learn about free alternatives to popular tech products such as Microsoft Office, Netflix, Spotify, Norton Antivirus, and more. Instructor: The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library’s Techknow Lab
Monday, May 9 – 10 am – What is Mental Health? Mental health is just as important as physical health. We’ll talk about mental well-being, mental illness, and ways to get help. Instructor: Mark O’Brien, LCSW-R, Commissioner, Erie County Department of Mental Health
Monday, May 16 – 10 am – Being Social on Social Media – Join us for a lesson on how platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Toc are used; how they work; and how you can join. Instructor: Cassandra Kubiak, M.S., Director of Enrollment Marketing, Niagara University
Monday, May 23 – 10 am – 7 Key Decisions for Right Sizing – It’s impossible to know the answers when you are unsure of the questions. This Program spells out the 7 Key Decisions that help to identify your preferences and put together a lower stress approach to moving to a smaller residence. Instructor: Michael Olear, Olear Team/MJ Peterson
All courses are free of charge. You must register in advance of the class. Call Kim at 822-4532 x0 or email [email protected]
[email protected] FIELD TRIPS FOR MAY
We are excited to announce a brand new schedule of field trips kicking off this May with confirmed trips through August. With a focus on arts and culture in the Queen City, we will be visiting some of Buffalo’s best locales with special guided tours and fun activities. I promise, each trip will make you feel like a kid again!
- Kicking off our new “Young @ Arts” 2022 season, we will be starting at the Buffalo History Museum on Wednesday May 4th, with a guided tour at 12:30 pm. Lunch will be served at the Center at 11:00 am.
- Our next stop will be the Tifft Nature Preserve on Wednesday May 25th, with a guided tour at 1:00 pm. Lunch will be served at the Center at 11:30 am.
- The cost per trip will be $10 that includes lunch at the Center and admission ticket & tour. Space on our bus is limited but we can look to car pool for additional participants. Cash must be receive to reserve your spot on the tour. *The Double Decker Bus Tour has a larger capacity and can accommodate more people.
- Reservations must be made with Kim at the reception desk. Call Kim at 822-4532 x0 or email [email protected]
This program is made possible with funds from the Statewide Community Regrant program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature and administered by Arts Services Inc.
BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENING
We are offering FREE blood pressure screening every month at Tosh Collins. Director Michael’s mom, Marcy Weidrich RN (retired) will be in Friday May 27th from 10 AM to 11:30 AM to check your blood pressure. We will schedule her at least once a month to stop in. If you are interested in getting your BP checked, call Kim 822-4532 x0 or email [email protected]